Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 139:14

Psalm 139:14    "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made." How could anyone think this universe came into existence by an accidental collision? I've written about that before, so I will briefly address this statement made by the Psalmist.  When you stop to think about the intricacy of the human body and the manner in which it continues day after day. There are so many functions of the body that we do not think about until they are interrupted by sickness. We do not have to instruct our body to the manner it distributes the nutrients that are placed inside. We do not have to remind, or kick start, our eyes each morning as we open them at the light of a new day. We do not teach our brain how to store information that is fed into it. We do not have to teach the skin to heal after it has been scratched. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  The body is so fragile and yet so tough to endure. How did that happen?

"I will praise thee."   Those words should stand on their merit. No matter what is happening in the world, or in our individual lives, God is worthy of our praise.  We are reminded of the goodness and mercy of God when we take a few moments to read this entire Psalm. The writer speaks of infinite knowledge and power that is found in only one place. His name is God.  There is wonderful peace to be found in our lives as we begin to allow ourselves to think upon, and trust, just how wonderful and vast our God truly is. Yes, I will praise the Lord because He has made me in such a manner to be resilient to the things that happen in life.  God truly is good and His mercy endures forever; therefore, I will praise Him with my whole heart and mind. With my very being, I will praise Him with my voice. I will honor Him. I will tell of His greatness. I will listen as He speaks to me. I will follow Him. He is worthy!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51