Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 139:6

Psalm 139:6    "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it."

There are three words that are often used to describe God: omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. God is omnipotent in that all power belongs to Him, both in heaven and on earth. God is omnipresent in that He is everywhere at all times. The Psalmist goes on to speak of all these things in this 139th Psalm. I would encourage you to read the entire Psalm to be reminded of the greatest of our God.

There are many things that I do not know.  The prideful part of me would like to think I could carry on my part of a conversation; that is, until the conversation turns to calculus, nuclear physics, engineering, or baking a cake.  The third word that I used to describe God is omniscient; that is, God knows all things.  On more than one occasion, Jesus knew the very thoughts of those who were trying to entrap Him by their questions. God knows the proper mixture of gases in the atmosphere for our life to continue. He is powerful enough to maintain and sustain that proper mixture, in spite of what some may say.  He is present in all places and therefore the mixture will remain the same.  The Lord knows yours and my every need and is able to provide all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  See Philippians 4:19.

I am so thankful for these attributes of God. I admit to you that such knowledge is indeed too wonderful for me.  It is higher than I am capable of understanding or even imagining. I cannot, nor will not ever, arrive at the place where I can place God in a box and say this is how He will always act in every situation.  I think the main thought of today's devotion is that I'm glad that God is God and I'm not.  I need Him every moment of every day in order to properly function in life.  How about you?

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51