Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Philippians 1:21-22

Philippians 1:21-22   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (22) But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not."

"For to me to live is ________"

Fill in the blank. What is life to me? What do I want, or need, in life in order for it to be complete?  For some, the blank might be filled in with position, power, riches, or success in some area of life.

James had the same thought in mind when he asked, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For WHAT IS YOUR LIFE? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."  (James 4:14-15)

Seeking the will of God is the proper manner in which to answer the fill-in-the-blank in the first paragraph. Life is too short to try to find all the answers of life on our own. Paul was not trying to answer it by his own power and understanding. He had one goal in mind as he wrote concerning the meaning of life.

What was his goal in living a life of contentment?  "Christ shall be magnified in my body." (Philippians 1:20) I pray my life will be to that goal also.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51