Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Philippians 3:14-16

Philippians 3:14-16   I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (15)  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (16) Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing."

Why did Paul write so much about his experiences? I'm not discounting the fact that his writings were inspired by God. But why did he feel the need to share with us his before and after story? I don't pretend to know the mind of Paul, but it seems he was trying to offset something that most of us, if not all of us have to deal - discouragement.

Yes, we all have to deal with the matter of getting discouraged from time to time. That's why it is so important to surround ourselves with people like Paul who are builders instead of discouragers.  It seems to me that Paul shared both his highs and lows in life so that we could see the impact of God's grace upon life's situations and circumstances.

Paul was saying, "I haven't arrived at the place in life where I have set my sights. Things can knock us down, but I keep pressing my way."  Satan uses discouragement to try to get us to give up. Paul would say, "Let the mind of Christ be in you. Look at my life to see how efficient God's grace is." Don't be as the Israelites who wanted to go back to Egypt. Stay the course. Keep leaning upon the Lord. Seek His grace and His help each day. He stands with arms spread wide, saying, "Come to me and I will give you everything you need to get through this day."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51