Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Philippians 4:19

Philippians 4:19    "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Relationship: How is your relationship with God? That might seem like an odd question to begin our Monday morning. But it should be given very serious consideration. If you are like me, there are many people to whom I am related, but I really have no relationship. For me, it is mostly due to geographical distance that makes it difficult to have regular interaction with them.

We can be related to someone without having a close relationship. Relationship requires commitment and effort to interact on a regular basis. Commitment requires each person to be willing to dedicate time to the other.

So now, I ask myself once again, "How is my relationship with God?"  I know my God is committed to me. He gave His only begotten Son to die for me. I could never question His commitment. But how committed am I to Him? Am I willing to dedicate time each day by communicating with Him? Am I willing to hear what He has to say to me? By that I mean, do I spend time each day reading His Word? Am I willing to try to please Him by doing what He says is right for my life? Do I give Him any thought throughout the day?

You see, having a relationship with someone is a very serious matter. It isn't just a matter of saying it; rather, we must be willing to put love, thought, and effort into maintaining it. When I read the first two words of today's verse, am I willing to put that effort into what truly is implied by saying, "My God"?

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51