Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Genesis 3:21

Genesis 3:21   "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

We see a beautiful picture of God's grace in this verse. Before He cast them out of the Garden of Eden, an animal was slain to provide  the skin to make coats that covered the nakedness of or Adam and Eve. The blood of an animal was shed for those skins to cover them. I have no problem believing that animal was a  lamb.  

We are covered with a robe of righteousness. "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness..." (Isaiah 61:10) Blood had to be shed for that robe to cover us. It was the blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14) 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51