Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Genesis 19:15-16

Genesis 19:15-16    "And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.  (16)  And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city."

God had revealed to Abraham what He was about to do to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham interceded on behalf of those cities because Lot, his nephew, had gone into those cities to live. If you remember the account, it was finally settled that God would spare the cities if Abraham could find 10 righteous people in the city. When you read today's verses, you see there were only four individuals who were spared. Quite honestly, it seemed that Lot was very hesitant to leave. We can know this because we read the two angels "... laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth..."

As I read these verses, I am made to wonder how many times the Lord has taken me by the hand to take me out of danger. I can look back on my life and know there were many times of which I am aware. But in all likelihood, there are many more unknown times that I was delivered for every instance I do remember.  I love the words, "... the LORD being merciful unto him..." I praise the Lord for His grace and mercy upon my life. Don't you?  I am convinced of God's action and interaction in my life every single day that I live. He has withheld me from danger and He has taken me into places of blessing. In all honesty, I'm not smart enough to always make proper decisions in life. But I am so very thankful that my God loves me and delivers me from danger and into safe keeping.
God is so good.
God is so good.
God is so good.
He's so good to me!!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51