Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Exodus 12:13-14

Exodus 12:13-14    "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. (14) And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever."

God gave great grace to the people of Israel by giving them the blood of the Lamb as a token of His love for them. I love the words given to them, "... when I see the blood, I will pass over you..."  That night all the firstborn of the Egyptians died. The people of Israel were spared because of the blood. 

As I think about this, I am made to realize that every deliverance given to them was because of the blood.  The manna, the water, the pillar of fire and cloud, and every other blessing was due to the blood. You and I also have the blessings of deliverance and every other blessing because of the blood. God daily loads us with blessings because of the blood. He opens the window of heaven and pours out blessings because of the blood. Yes, the blood of the Lamb of God is the only basis by which you and I have the blessing to know God as our Heavenly Father. Thank God for the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51