Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 56:9-10

Psalm 56:9-10    "When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.  (10)  In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word."

"God is for me." Can we really fathom the depth of truth in that statement? Can we take it into our hearts and let it be settled there and also feel its settling effect? "God is for me." This  morning, I'm trying to let that become such a reality that I know any enemy that would try to devour and destroy has to turn back away from me BECAUSE "God is for me." The more I read those four words, the more I want to sing, "Oh! How I love Jesus!"  "There is a name I love to hear. I love to sing its worth. It sounds like music in my ears. The sweetest name on earth." (Frederick Whitfield, Author)

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32) "God is for me." To what extent is God for me? He loves me so much that "He spared not his own Son."  God, the Father, delivered Him (Jesus) for us all. He loves me! He is for me! That's right, I cannot repeat those words enough. He gave His Son and then, as if that was not enough, He "freely gives us all things."  

 How do I know this is true? To quote the children's song, "The Bible tells me so." I can find that sweet rest and comfort when I become settled in my heart and mind that "God is for me." His Word comforts me, not because I have memorized any part of it. His Word comforts me, not because I repeat it over and over. His Word comforts me because "God is for me" and the Bible is the Word of God. In His word, I find the absolute promises of my Lord; therefore, I praise my Lord as I read His Word. "In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word."  May I say it one more time? "God is for me." Find peace and comfort in those words.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51