Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 2:20-21 (Part 4)

Galatians 2:20-21  "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

The Jews became so angry after Paul and Barnabas preached at Antioch that they stoned Paul and drug him out of the city. They assumed he was dead, but "as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city." His life had been so affected by God's grace that he could not cease to preach Jesus Christ, and Him crucified, buried, and raised again.  He knew the power of Jesus Christ on many different levels; therefore, he continued to preach the grace of God that is found in Christ. He knew the difference Jesus had made in his life.

By using the word, frustrate, Paul was saying, "I do not set aside or have a low opinion of the grace of God." Paul definitely could say, "the life I now live in the flesh" is much different than the life I lived before grace. He well knew the difference that grace had made in his life. I know I can say that same thing. How about you?

Tomorrow, we will look at the last part of verse 21, but today I hope we all can meditate upon the glorious difference that has been made in our lives through God's amazing grace.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51