Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 2:20-21

Galatians 2:20-21    "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  (21)  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

"Christ liveth in me."  We sing many songs concerning the resurrection of Jesus. Especially as we are now approaching Easter, we will hear and sing of His glorious resurrection. We speak of the "Risen Lord" and the "Living Saviour."  The attributes of God consist of His being omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnipresent (in all places at all times). Where do we picture Jesus being at this present time?  Yes, we are told He is at the right hand of the Father. But do we understand that He, being God, is also omnipresent?  He lives in me by way of His Holy Spirit.   Paul stated that we are "crucified with Christ." I understand that to mean my sins were supernaturally taken from me and placed upon the person of Jesus as He hung on the cross. That moment when Jesus took upon Himself our sins was the darkest time in the history of the world. It was during those hours that the Father turned His face away from His only begotten Son. He would not even look upon Him as He hung on that cross.  Jesus asked the question, "Why have you forsaken me?"  Can we understand this morning that the Father turned away from the Son because He will not look upon sin. In that time, Jesus was made to be sin that you and I would be made the righteousness of God in HIm.  "I am crucified with Christ."

Praise God, it does not end there. Jesus told His disciples that because He lives, we shall live also. I am thankful the statement does not end with crucifixion. I am thankful my life did not end with crucifixion: "nevertheless I live."  Jesus was raised from the dead and so were we. In Christ Jesus, we are alive forevermore.  There is so much more to think about in these two verses, but this morning I want to meditate upon the fact that I am alive in Christ Jesus. My chains were broken and I've been set free by the death, burial, and resurrection of my Lord. May we think upon this and rejoice in this great truth as we are approaching the time of celebrating life in Christ. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me."

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51