Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 2:20-21 (Part 3)

Galatians 2:20-21    "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  (21)  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

I realize I've been on these two verses for several days now, but for me, they are the hinge upon which the entire book swings open. We began the study of Galatians with the verses that tell of the purpose for the Son of God to come to this earth.  In chapter 1:4, we read that Jesus "... gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world." When we come to the end of the book, we will read these words: "... the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Galatians 6:18)  There must be a truth that connects the two thoughts. Jesus came to deliver us from this world, but we need the grace of our Lord to empower us as we go through this world. That connection lies in the blessed truth that "Christ lives in me."  I'm so thankful for that, aren't you?

"Because He lives in me, I can "... be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 2:1)  God's favor upon me strengthens my spirit as I face the struggles of everyday living. His power within me enables me to be able to "... do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13) I have the faith of Christ within me that enables me and directs me to walk by faith in His grace.  Because He lives within me, I know that His "... grace is sufficient for (me): for (His) strength is made perfect in (my) weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9) Because He lives in me, I can "... Resist the devil, and ... Draw nigh to God." (James 4:7-8)  Because He lives within me,  I can have that "... peace of God, which passes all understanding..." (Philippians 4:7)  I pray that we all will stop and think about the blessings we enjoy because Christ is alive AND He is alive within me.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51