Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 3:13-14

Galatians 3:13-14    "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:  (14)  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law."  In order to rejoice in this grand truth, we must understand there really is "the curse of the law".  Those who would think their works can take them to heaven should understand there is a curse that is pronounced under the law. What is that curse?  The condemnation of the law was death. When you take time to go back and read through Exodus and Deuteronomy, you will see that the transgression of the law demanded the person to be put to death. But what if the transgression was only a "minor" one?  The first question would be, "Who is the judge as to what is minor and major?"  But let's say the transgression was a little bitty one. What does God's Word tell us about that? "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)  And if I am guilty, what is the sentence pronounced against me? DEATH!

So, do I really want to go back under the law? Do I really want to think my works can save me? Do I really think I am good enough to be perfect before God? As I answer these questions, I am so thankful that "Christ hath redeemed (me) from the curse of the law, being made a curse for (me)."  I am very thankful that Jesus made a covenant agreement with God, my Father, that He would take my sin from me and pay that cursed sentence of death in my place.  How do I receive that promise? I confess that I have never heard the verbal voice of God. I have never seen Jesus in the flesh; though, I do believe I have been blessed to see His appearance to me on a few occasions. How do I receive that promise into my heart and mind?  God has blessed me, by  His grace, to "receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."  I have peace and joy in my heart and mind because I believe that Jesus Christ paid my sin debt in full when He was made to be that curse in my place.  He paid the debt that was against me. Praise His Holy Name!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51