Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 3:19

Galatians 3:19   "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator."

The law was added. To what was it added? And why was it added? Stay with me, please, as I share my thoughts. The law was added to the promise. The promise was made to the seed. Who was the seed? Paul answers that for us in Galatians 3:16, "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." The promise was made to the seed, which is Christ. It was made known to Abraham. See Genesis 12:1.

What was the promise given to Christ?  "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. (18 ) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." (John 10:17-18 ) The promise was made between Father and Son (the seed of Abraham). Lay down your life and take it back up again. The promise was of eternal life manifested

What does this mean for us? What are we called upon to believe? "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." (John 10:27-28 ) Jesus spoke it another way in the night of His betrayal. "because I live, ye shall live also." (John 14:19) We are heirs of the promise and our inheritance is eternal life with Jesus Christ our Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51