Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Galatians 5:25

Galatians 5:25    "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

In this book of Galatians, Paul speaks a great deal about living. Oftentimes, we do not give as much thought to living as we should. We can easily take life for granted. We are going to wake up and go to work. Or if we are retired, we are going to wake up and do whatever the day holds for us, whether it be a hobby or some activity that we have volunteered to participate. We just assume that's going to happen. Yes, Paul speaks a great deal concerning this subject of living and he places the emphasis on the proper perspective of life. We read in Chapter 2, "...  the life which I now live in the flesh..."  Paul was specific to mention the life we now live and the importance of the manner in which we live that life. Let's finish the thought of that chapter 2:20, "... the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Paul said the same thing in Chapter 5 as he said back in chapter 2, "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

If we have been born of the Spirit, then let us walk in accordance to the leadership of the Spirit of God. David said it in this manner in Psalm 107.2, "Let the redeemed of the LORD say so..." How do we "say" that we are the redeemed of the Lord? How do we say that we are born of the Spirit? How can we say that we "live in the Spirit"?  It seems to me the old saying is true: "Actions speak louder than words." I do not carry much weight if I only say that I am a Christian with words but my actions do not back up my words. "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so (by walking) in the Spirit."  I should be showing fruit in my life if I am walking in the Spirit of God. What is that fruit? We saw it yesterday, but it bears repeating.  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance..."  (Galatians 5:22-23)  We bear that fruit by living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit. "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."And that is the way we glorify our Lord. 

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51