Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 40:1-3

Psalm 40:1-3   "I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.  (2)  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  (3)  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."

Do you ever find yourself humming or whistling as you go about your everyday activities? It might be a particular song or it might just be some musical notes that you are humming that really do not fit a particular song. It might be a tune that is just coming from deep inside you. Maybe you have gone through a rough time as David described in our verses or maybe a blessing came to you from out of the blue. Whatever the case, something has made your heart feel lighter. That is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

We can know that those musical notes came from the good Lord above! Aren't you glad that God created music? It is a beautiful expression from the heart.I'm not much of a whistler, but I find myself humming quite often. It usually isn't a tune that I am aware of; rather, it is one of those down deep types of songs. Without realizing the cause, I find myself with the sounds coming from my vocal chords. The thought I am trying to convey to myself this morning is that God has "put a new song in my mouth." And what I need to remember is that He placed it there to give me an opportunity to give "praise unto our God."  Through the gift of that humming sound, I have new opportunities to tell others about the goodness of God. When others ask why I am humming, I should take every opportunity to tell them about the joy in my heart and the source of that joy.

Right now there is a tune going through my mind...
God is so good
God is so good
God is so good
He's so good to me....

Feel free to hum along with me!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51