Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Psalm 40:2

Psalm 40:2    "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Yesterday, we saw that God bends His ear toward to hear our cries, our pleas, our petitions. While we are waiting, He is working His plan, His design, for our life.  He isn't just listening and saying, "I wish I could do something to help."  Those are the words that I have spoken many times throughout my life, but unable to do anything to change a person's situation or circumstance. I'm so thankful that our God does stop to listen to our cries, but He is able to do something to help.  In this Psalm, we are told that not only does God listen, but He answers. Sometimes that answer is in the form of words of comfort to let us know that He is in that pit with us. He did that for the three Hebrew children when He went into the fiery furnace with them. Yes, sometimes He allows us to have a time in the pit where we can think upon those things that are taking place in our lives. In His timing, He takes us by the hand and leads us "through the valley of the shadow of death."

I'm so thankful that in those places where I see no way out, God is the way. He brings us out of that place and He brings us to that solid Rock.  Let's think about this for a moment. I cried to God. He not only heard my cry, but He listened to what I was saying. He came to me and brought me out of that place of dread and darkness. I was stuck and could not escape, but He lifted me. Yes, I love that old song, "Love lifted me." He lifted me and set me upon that place of strength and stability. "On Christ the solid Rock I stand because all other ground is sinking sand or miry clay."  He established my paths, but I need to stop and listen to Him. He listened to me and now it's my turn to listen to Him.  "He brought. He set. He established." Now, it's my turn to heed His direction for my life. There is joy when we know that God hears us and that joy multiplies when we listen to Him and seek His will for our lives.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51