Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Isaiah 2:2

Isaiah 2:2    "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

Let me begin by saying I believe the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is the highest living organism, organization, on the face of the earth. "The mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountain."  The Psalmist David spoke concerning the house of the Lord, "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." (Psalm 27:4) He said, "I have desired of the Lord and I will actively seek  to dwell in the house of the Lord." What does it mean to "dwell in the house of the Lord"?  I believe he is speaking of the frame of heart and mind when we actively seek to have fellowship with the Lord. 

 "The Lord's house... shall be exalted above the hills..."  We are not to try to bring the House of God down to the level of the world. God has established it. Jesus Christ has built it and bought it with His own precious blood. We are to "desire and seek after" that which is only found in God's House. (We will look at this further tomorrow.)  "All nations shall flow unto it."  It requires a supernatural power for water to flow uphill and I say unto you, it requires the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit for us to truly enjoy the blessings of being in God's House.  It requires us to ask, seek, and knock in order to receive the true blessings of fellowship with the Lord and with each other. But it is so very well worth the effort when we know we are in the presence of the Lord God Almighty. If you have not experienced the sweetness of being with the Lord in worship and praise, may I suggest that we spend time in preparation for that which God has for us. Let us spend time in His Word and in communication with Him (prayer) in order to hear that which He speaks to us as we are in His divine Presence.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion: Psalm 88:1-4

Psalm 88:1-4  A Song or Psalm for the sons of Korah, to the chief Musician upon Mahalath Leannoth, Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite. "O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:  (2)  Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;  (3)  For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.  (4)  I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength" I've said this before and I will say it again (and probably more times before we get to the end of the Psalms) - I love the Psalms because I can surely identify with them. Most Psalms start in a low place and as the writer expresses his thoughts, the Lord begins to lift him up out of that dry place.  Though this entire Psalm is a fervent cry unto the Lord, the Psalmist tells us specifically in three verses that he cried daily unto the Lord. Just a few Psalms ago, we were reminded that God always hears our prayers. ...

Daily Devotion: Psalm 100:1-5

Psalm 100:1-5   A Psalm of praise. "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.  (2)  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  (3)  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  (4)  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  (5)  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." "Know ye that the LORD he is God." As I read the 100th Psalm this morning, this verse seems to be the hinge upon which all the other verses are settled. Know ye that the LORD he IS God. Jesus prayed in His intercessory prayer, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3) We read in the book of Hebrews chapter 11:6, "... he that cometh to God must believ...

Daily Devotion: Mark 14:65-67

Mark 14:65-67    "And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.  (66)  And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:  (67)  And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth." It's always nice and sweet when Devotions make us feel good about ourselves. But sometimes the Word of God causes me to become uncomfortable. Today's verses bring me to that place. It would be so very easy for me to look at the contrast between what was happening to Jesus and what was happening with Peter. It would be very comfortable for me to sit here this morning and condemn Peter for standing outside by the fire while Jesus was inside being mocked, spat upon, and struck by the servants of the high priest. It would be easy for me to sit here and say, "...