Ephesians 3:14-19 "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, (15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, (16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; (17) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, (18) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; (19) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."
Here we find Paul's second prayer for the Ephesians. Both prayers contain his request for God's people to know Christ and the power that is within us through the Holy Spirit. In Chapter 1, Paul prayed that we would know that power and here he is praying that we would know the love of Christ which is the source of that power. God has adopted us into His family. We are His children and His desire for us is that we would know Him in the most wonderfully intimate manner. As I look back over my life, I must confess that I have probably spent more time trying to know more about God rather than actually seeking to KNOW HIM. Is there a difference? I think so. The Christian walk is a walk of relationship. There is a time of getting to know about each other and then there is a time of getting to know each other. Jesus prayed in John 17:3, "... this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."The more we experience His presence in our lives, the deeper our love goes for Him. The deeper our love for Him, the stronger we are in the daily battle against the tendencies of the flesh. We sing the song, "You ask me how I know He lives... He lives within my heart." This is actually the design of God's plan for our lives. "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love." The "root system" of our lives must be grounded in Christ and His finished work. The fulness of God is found in growing deeper into His marvelous love for us. His love is so great that the only true expression of it was through the giving of His only begotten Son to die for our sins. He took our place and paid the debt of sin that was against us. "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Thank you Father for a love that is so deep and wonderful.
I serve a risen Savior
He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
He’s always near.