Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Hate Without A Cause - Psalm 69:4

 

They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away. – Psalm 69:4

Hate is all around us today. People often hate others just out of envy, resentment, ignorance, and foolishness. Because we are often ruled by our emotions and not reason, we let the opinions of others dictate our motives. We get caught up in the moment and the feelings of the crowd. We react instead of consciously acting. This was the source of the hatred against Jesus.

The Savior did nothing to truly deserve the hatred and resentment directed at Him. He came to bless and teach. Yet unbelievers stirred up strife and sinful reproach of the Lord. Often the worst offenders were the religious elite who envied His popularity and sway with the masses. Some despised Him because He publicly corrected them and exposed their fraud. Sadly others ridiculed Him and the disciples for being from Galilee. In all cases, He was hated without just cause.

To those that hated Him, Jesus said, “He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause” (John 15:23-25).

Brothers and sister, I pray that you and I will do better than those that hate Christ and us for being Christians. May the Lord give us the grace to show love in the face of hatred. Let us speak the truth to the ignorant. Let us show compassion to those who feel outcast. Let us act wisely in all things to the glory of God the Father and Christ the Son.

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion (Video): Armed with the Mind of Christ

Daily Devotion (Video): The Prayer

Daily Devotion (Video): Come And See - John 1:43-51