Skip to main content

Daily Devotion: Isaiah 12:2-3

Isaiah 12:2-3    "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  (3)  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."

We've talked recently about joy, but this morning let's think about our source of joy. Our joy can be interrupted when it seems our world is shaken by some event. We are constantly being subjected to things that want to intrude upon and steal our joy. So, how do we combat that? What is our defence? How do we set a wall about us that helps protect our sense of being and joy? I believe the answer is found in today's verses. There is great comfort and joy when we set our hearts and minds upon this blessed truth. "Behold, God is my salvation." That's a simple, yet profound truth that is the only real constant in our lives. "God is..." He never changes. He never diminishes, nor increases, in power, love, mercy, and grace toward us. We don't have to worry about whether or not He will have time for us. Will He be too busy? Will He be on a trip away from His throne? Will He be tired and sleepy? Will He be too upset with us to have time to listen? Is my request too small for God to take time for me? Or, is my request too much to ask for?

We all know those are silly questions, but do we always stop to consider that OUR GOD IS... - That is to say, He never changes. He's always the same; therefore, "I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song."  Yes, I can trust Him in every situation and at all times. He "is become my salvation." I can know in the deepest recesses of my heart that "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine." (Song of Solomon 6:3) Nothing can change that. Let me repeat this... Because our Lord does not change, nothing can change the fact that I am beloved's and He is mine! "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." At any time - day or night - we can draw from that well of salvation with great joy in knowing that our God is the ONLY True and Living God.  Yes, I have that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart - down in my heart to stay!

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion: Psalm 88:1-4

Psalm 88:1-4  A Song or Psalm for the sons of Korah, to the chief Musician upon Mahalath Leannoth, Maschil of Heman the Ezrahite. "O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:  (2)  Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;  (3)  For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.  (4)  I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength" I've said this before and I will say it again (and probably more times before we get to the end of the Psalms) - I love the Psalms because I can surely identify with them. Most Psalms start in a low place and as the writer expresses his thoughts, the Lord begins to lift him up out of that dry place.  Though this entire Psalm is a fervent cry unto the Lord, the Psalmist tells us specifically in three verses that he cried daily unto the Lord. Just a few Psalms ago, we were reminded that God always hears our prayers. ...

Daily Devotion: Psalm 100:1-5

Psalm 100:1-5   A Psalm of praise. "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.  (2)  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  (3)  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  (4)  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  (5)  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." "Know ye that the LORD he is God." As I read the 100th Psalm this morning, this verse seems to be the hinge upon which all the other verses are settled. Know ye that the LORD he IS God. Jesus prayed in His intercessory prayer, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3) We read in the book of Hebrews chapter 11:6, "... he that cometh to God must believ...

Daily Devotion: Mark 14:65-67

Mark 14:65-67    "And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.  (66)  And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:  (67)  And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth." It's always nice and sweet when Devotions make us feel good about ourselves. But sometimes the Word of God causes me to become uncomfortable. Today's verses bring me to that place. It would be so very easy for me to look at the contrast between what was happening to Jesus and what was happening with Peter. It would be very comfortable for me to sit here this morning and condemn Peter for standing outside by the fire while Jesus was inside being mocked, spat upon, and struck by the servants of the high priest. It would be easy for me to sit here and say, "...