Psalm 150:1-6 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. (2) Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. (3) Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. (4) Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. (5) Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. (6) Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."
I'm so thankful this morning to say that I have breath in my lungs. There are
some days that the humidity affects my breathing; yet, I can say I have breath
in my lungs. How about you? For me to say and know that I have breath in my
lungs, then this Psalm applies to me. I can't play the trumpet or psaltery or
harp. I only can make a noise on a timbrel. I used to play the dulcimer, but
it's been a long time. I can't play the organ. I can clang on cymbals, but I'm
not sure what kind of music that would make. BUT, I have breath in my lungs!
Therefore, I am told to give proper praise unto the Lord. We are to praise Him
"according to his excellent greatness." Wow! My finite mind cannot
begin to comprehend the infinite greatness of God. BUT, I know how great He has
shown Himself in my life; therefore I can praise Him according to that
greatness. The question this morning that deserves an answer from me is this:
Do I praise Him according to the degree of greatness that He has surely shown
to me? There are times that I feel I praise Him and bless Him with all my soul,
but I'm afraid there are other times when I fail miserably. I've read the past
several Psalms which speak of the praise that God deserves. Today, as I finish
the Psalms, my heart says that I need to spend more time using my breath to
simply offer praise unto my Lord.
1 We praise Thee, O God, for the Son of Thy love—
for Jesus, who die, and is now gone above.
Refrain:
Hallelujah! Thine the glory! Hallelujah! Amen!
Hallelujah! Thine the glory! Revive us again.
2 We praise Thee, O God, for Thy Spirit of Light
who has shown us our Savior and scattered our night. [Refrain]
3 All glory and praise to the Lamb that was slain,
who has borne all our sins and has cleansed ev'ry stain. [Refrain]
4 Revive us again; fill each heart with Thy love.
May each soul be rekindled with fire from above. [Refrain]