Exodus 3:13-15 "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? (14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (15) And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."
Moses! A man whose life covered the entire spectrum. He was born to parents who loved him enough to give him away. Pharaoh had determined to kill all the male babies of Israel. He was afraid Israel would outnumber Egypt and thereby overtake them. Moses' mother placed him in an ark and then hid him in the river's edge. You remember how Pharaoh's daughter found him and then raised him as her own son.
Moses spent 40 years having everything in the king's palace. Then he spent 40 years having nothing in the backside of the desert. God used those times to show Moses that the greatest thing to have in life is the very presence and guidance of the Almighty - the GREAT I AM.
I am thankful that we serve the same Almighty God. He has never changed nor will He ever change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. These are simple thoughts but I pray we can find comfort and assurance in this reminder of our Heavenly Father.